Here is the news that we are waiting to hear for the past few months.
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services ONLY for PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICANTS who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL).
The process will be
- Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment.
- Please do not go to a Service Canada Centre before the Service Canada Officer schedules an appointment for you.
- If your contact information has changed, update your information to IRCC.
- If the telephone number on file is your representative’s, we’ll call them and ask them to check with you about your availability and preferred location. We’ll then call them a second time to schedule your appointment through them.
- No additional fees are required. The Service Canada officer won’t ask you for any financial information.
In which order the service Canada officer contacts?
Service Canada is calling those who have been waiting for the longest to give their biometrics, based on
- the date their application was submitted to us
- where they live
If you’re in a region where there are a lot of people waiting to give their biometrics, like the Greater Toronto Area, it may take longer for Service Canada to call you. They will contact you as soon as they can.
What if I miss the scheduled appointment
If you miss your scheduled appointment for any reason, including because you have COVID-19 symptoms, a Service Canada officer will call you again to schedule a new appointment.
What information will be asked on the phone?
When the Service Canada officer calls, they’ll ask you to confirm your
- IRCC application number (found on your BIL)
- preferred appointment time and Service Canada Centre location
For further consultation or professional assistance, contact us:
Expertise Immigration Inc.
Cell: +1 (604) 440 7725